Starting Salary Up to $14.25 / hr. - This job will require working with clients in their homes and in the community. Residents will be supported all hours and days (weekends and evenings included).
Starting Salary Up to $14.25 / hr
To provide support, and advocate for, the quality of life and personal preferences of adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them the tools for self-advocacy and to live independently in the least restrictive setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To foster dignity and independence for persons served.
- Understand and protect the rights of persons served in accordance with Residential Support Services (RSS) policies, and all State and Federal regulations and guidelines.
- Engage clients in recreational and leisure activities of their preference as directed by your manager and in accordance with RSS policies.
- Assisting the clients to maintain the upkeep and cleanliness of their homes by following chore lists and communicating deficiencies to staff or maintenance departments as required.
- Adhere to the menu and prepare and serve nutritious, home-style meals.
- Follow clients’ daily schedules including hygiene needs, vocational activities, outings including shopping, and preferred activities.
- Complete all required charting, T-logs, communication logs, and any other documentation required for the group home.
- Become certified in MANDT, First Aid and CPR and Pass the Medication Administration Certification within the allotted timeframe (first 30 days of employment).
- Pass tier I of the College of Direct Supports in the timeframe required by RSS policy (within 6 months).
- Duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Director of Habilitation and/or the Executive Director, after consultation with Residential Manager and/or the group home manager.
- High degree of empathy and compassion for others
- Able to pass a criminal background check (State Mandated)
- Patience and active listening skills
- Computer literacy preferred
- Related work experience preferred
This job will require working with clients in their homes and in the community. Residents will be supported all hours and days (weekends and evenings included). Preferred candidates will be able to interact in a positive, productive and professional manner with coworkers, and with clients that have a wide array of mental, cognitive, physical, and social barriers to living successfully in the community.
To apply for this job please complete the application here: https://www.rssmt.org/application/.