This position is responsible for managing the financial responsibilities of RSS, including paying bills, billing the state for services, and oversight of an assistant financial manager, with whom all duties regarding financial management of the company will be coordinated.
This position is responsible for managing the financial responsibilities of RSS, including paying bills, billing the state for services, and oversight of an assistant financial manager, with whom all duties regarding financial management of the company will be coordinated. There are numerous and varied aspects to this position, so the ability to multitask with a high degree of attention to detail is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As mentioned above the duties and responsibilities of this position are varied and maybe in a constant state of flux. The constant state of flux may be due to the varying and ever changing requests of various stake holders, parents, guardians. advocates, funding sources.
- Ensuring bills and other nonpayroll items are paid in a expedient and correct manner.
- Ensure payroll is processed and distributed to corporation employees no later than Friday of payroll week.
- Ensure all accounting matters concerning corporation finances arc handled in professional manner and are completed in a timely manner.
- Verify RSS clients continue to meet Medicaid eligibility standards for allowable funding, which must be maintained by the person receiving services to continue to receive 0208 Waiver services.
- Enter the required information for each client into the state’s billing system for services provided on a monthly basis, or as required by the funding sources.
- At least four times a year, provide a financial report detailing income and expenses to the corporation Board of Directors. and if necessary, be available to explain the report.
- Ensure corporation is prepared for annual audits, reviews or meetings pertaining to the financial matters / status of RSS by working with our contracted auditors and/or outside rcg1ilating agencies
- When required or the opportunity presents itself, attend local, Regional, State or National conferences relating to funding, financing, revised laws, rules or accounting changes that will keep and assist RSS in being a leader in the delivery of services to folks within the RSS corporation.
- Duties arc subject to change at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Able to pass a criminal background check (State Mandated)
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, and/or Accounting with a preferred minimum of three years of experience in the field of developmental disabilities.
- Progressive levels of experience in working with Excel, Word and other relevant computer programs
- Ability to manage multiple files, oversee staff, collectively problem solve, build and maintain working relationships with stake holders, RSS employees and residents, parents, guardians and other individuals concerned with the welfare of RSS residents.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
This job will require working in an office setting, while being sedentary for multiple hours at a time.
To apply for this job please complete the application here: https://www.rssmt.org/application/.